Avocado (or mayonnaise) Chicken Salad
*this recipe is considered paleo if the salad dressing is made with avocados
Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
3 pieces of chicken (4 pieces is about 1 pound)
2 avocados – pitted (or 1/2 cup mayonnaise + Dijon mustard as the dressing)
2 cups celery, diced
2 cups carrots, diced
1 handful sliced almonds
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook chicken however you like – I seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked for about 35 minutes.
3. While chicken is cooking, dice your vegetables. Set aside.
4. Make salad dressing with: (1) avocados: mash avocados with a fork; add lemon, lime, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mix until it becomes a paste. (2) mayonnaise: add mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard and mix until it becomes a paste.
4. Shred chicken once it is finished cooking.
5. Add salad dressing to the diced chicken.
6. Add diced vegetables to the chicken and salad dressing mixture; mix.
7. Add a handful of sliced almonds to the mixture; mix.
8. Top with salt and pepper to taste.