*Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win a free entry to any Reebok Spartan Race in 2013 or 2014! Even though the airing of the World Championship race isn’t until December 7th, I will still be picking a winner on November 3, 2013.
It’s been a while since I created my own recipe, but today I was feeling festive and I knew that I wanted to use my Libby’s Pumpkin Puree.
A little fall inspiration and a hungry tummy led me to these:
Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
I literally just finished eating these and immediately plugged my Cannon into my computer to upload the photos I took and share them with the world, because they were thaat good!
I mean, just look at those layers!
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 6 small pancakes
- 61g (1/4 cup) Libby’s 100% Pumpkin Puree (baking aisle of the grocery store, usually bottom shelf)
- 92g (6 Tablespoons) Egg Whites
- 25.5g (a little less than 1/4 cup) Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour (gluten-free, wheat free, dairy free)
- 4g (1 teaspoon) 365 Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Ground Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Stevia to taste.
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein (I used Dymatize Gourmet Vanilla flavor)
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl; mix well.
2. Heat saucepan to medium heat or a skillet to 350 degrees; spray saucepan with pam or coconut oil; pour pancake mixture into saucepan.
4. Stack your pancakes on a plate and layer your protein topping in between each pancake. Drizzle some sugar-free syrup on top and you’ve got yourself a healthy and delicious breakfast!