That is how I would describe the Paleo Banana Muffins I made yesterday. I followed this recipe, but added an extra banana for more flavor.
Paleo (extra banana) Muffins
This will be my new go-to recipe for when I have some ripe bananas to get rid of.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes (I cooked mine for 20 minutes)
Servings: about 17-20 (will vary, depending on the size of your muffin pan)
1 muffin yields 5g fat, 13.5g carbs, 0.7g fiber, 3g protein (111 calories)
- 1/2 cup Ghee (clarified butter) – I buy my Ghee from Trader Joes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic honey – I also buy my Honey from Trader Joes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup flour (if you are following paleo, please use almond flour or coconut flour) – I used Honeyville Farms brand of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix ghee (butter), eggs, honey, vanilla, and bananas into a medium size bowl.
3. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the banana mixture and combine.
4. Either line your muffin pan with parchment paper liners or spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. I used my new silicon baking cups! Pour batter into muffin tins and fill about 1/4 way.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Question: Are you supposed to spray the silicon baking cups with oil before pouring the batter? I did, but I don’t think I was supposed to.
I think that is why a few of them burnt around the edges. This didn’t stop me from eating them, though, they were just as good!
<3 Happy Friday <3