I cleaned out my fridge this weekend because we will be heading home for Thanksgiving, and I absolutely hate wasting food. I still had an entire bag of large carrots in the fridge that I needed to get rid of. This is what I did with them…
Paleo Pumpkin Carrot Muffins
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (liquid form)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of pumpkin puree (sorry, I didn’t measure this)
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrots (I steamed my carrots first and used a food processor to grate)
- pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle on top of the muffins before putting them in the oven
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (almond flour, sea salt, baking soda).
3. Combine wet ingredients into a small bowl (eggs, coconut oil, honey, pumpkin puree).
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix in the grated carrots.
5. Line muffin pans with silicon cups, paper liners, or spray with cooking oil. Fill about 3/4 of the way.
6. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and Enjoy 🙂